Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
October Board Meeting Minutes
10-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Post: #1
October Board Meeting Minutes
Spokane Camera Club Board Meeting Minutes

Called to order by Jon Lepper at 6:00

Members Present: Jon Lepper, Terry Hamilton, Dennis Isip, Tim Lesser, Cortney Litwin, Don Burnell, Tamra McGee, Randy House, Steve Shining

Members Absent: Dora Davis, Lynn Nordhagen

The September board meeting minutes were read by Tamra McGee and unanimously approved.

Treasurer’s Report by Tim Lesser

$280 Undeposited Money, 2843.99 in checking, $75 in savings
48 paid members, 3 lifetime members, 4 unpaid

Old Business

Paying for a 3rd night at Bethany -The church board agreed upon a total fee of $85 per month for the use of 3 nights per month.

Planning for exhibit at Barristers – There is still no confirmation on the date. Jon communicated to Barristers that September is not a good option due to the fair, and just coming of summer. The club may have to collect photos for the exhibit over the summer and open the 1st Friday of September. Photographers gets 100% of sales, there is no commission. Once a timeline is established, a committee will be formed and will meet to discuss further. Preliminary thinking is that there would be no prejudging criteria, all members may submit one image, framed, metal or canvas. Bev may make a catalog/booklet to showcase all pieces submitted to show. Possible print night/education night on selling/pricing photos.

Adopting a New Submission Process - Randy, Dennis and Doug – The goal is to make it easier for members to submit. Members are able to edit/rename and delete submissions right up until the deadline. Again, this process makes life easier for Dennis and gets photos to judges faster, alleviating the confirmation phase of submission. Resizing may be an issue, but is a necessary skill for photographers. Some members may be an exception. Doug was receptive to the idea of the change and fairly open to it. Resizing the images shouldn’t be an issue for Doug, as images will be rejected if they are not within sizing guidelines. Dennis would be the contact for those issues. Integrating Wordpress system into Doug’s software shouldn’t be a problem, either. The club would always have an option of reverting to the old system. Could this possibly dovetail into posting club photos on website? Dennis will coordinate a demonstration/preview of the new software for board, then a board decision will be made, with the possible implementation in January 2017.

Christmas Party - Bev secured a contract for San Souci. Jon will obtain a liquor permit for the event. Dave, (Dora and Alice?) will be a decorating committee. We still need members for a program or presentation. (Bev – Hawaii? Steve – Elk? Tim – 4 corners area? PSA slideshow?) We are aiming for a 40 minute time frame or so.

New Business

Field Trip - Barb would like us to underwrite the raptor center field trip as done in the past. All the money goes to feed birds at the center. This would be limited to 20 members. The center is not available on a Saturday. The field trip would be Friday, October 14th in the afternoon 2:15 -3:45. Barb will try to make it earlier to accommodate more time photographing. Cortney motioned to pay $95 to underwrite the field trip. Randy 2nd. Unanimously approved.

Possible TV Opportunity – It is possible that Dave’s (?) rotary may sponsor an opportunity for the club to get a new TV for displaying images on digital critique night.

Potential Relocation for Next Year’s Meetings – The church may be putting the building up for sale.

Salon chair – The board would love for Lynn to continue this position.

Meeting Adjourned at 6:54
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)